Saturday, December 24, 2005

It Is December 23,

Do you have your Valentine's gift yet?

RiteAid can help. Valentine's gifts are now available.

Forget that Christmas has not yet past, start shopping for Valentine's Day now, before all the gifts are gone and replaced by Easter goods.

It reminds me of my favorite commercial line of the year, "Come on kids, go get on your Halloween costumes while Mom hides the Easter Eggs." (Capital One's "No Black Out Dates" credit card commercial) Like in the commercial, it seems that all the holidays are merging into one.

Seeing a Valentine's Day aisle, packed solid with pink, red and white goods before Christmas, is just wrong.

Whatever happen to the division of holidays? I protest the merger of holiday seasons with every holiday. I will not buy a single Halloween good before October 1st or anything for Christmas before Thanksgiving.

In order to really appreciate the holidays, there has to be some time without holidays. This year, in September, I saw Santa decorations. I was horrified. I remember clearly because it was before my birthday. Santa does not belong in September! I love Christmas and all, but its not very special if it spreads over three months of the year.

Anyway, care of RiteAid and various merchandisers, on this December 23, I would like to wish you...

a Happy Valentine's Day.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hahaha I hate that they do that! It drives me crazy!