Friday, June 30, 2006

Images of Venice

There were a lot of street performers. What you can't tell from this picture is that the person is near nine feet tall.



Venice's architecture left nothing to be desired. A fascinating and perfect infusion of Islamic arches in the warm of Mediterranean color.






A three dimensional sculpture of Dali's Dripping Clocks:



There were tons of vendors selling the usual tourist wares, magnets, keychains, t-shirts, postcards, etc. They also sold masks:



Now on to the mildly crude.

Let no item be untouched by art, these are condoms:


And, finally, no man is complete without bikers shorts of David's crotch:



Ports since Venice: Katakolon, Santorini, Samos, Kusadasi, Istanbul, Athens.

Yesterday, I was on the phone with my mother as I walked to the Acropolis. My mother asked me where I was going next.
I answered, "Bulgaria, I think."
She said, "No really, where are you going next?"

Really, Bulgaria.

Cool: The feast of aesthetic pleasure in Venice, from architecture to amazing glass work. It is clear to see Chihuly's roots.
Stupid: The lack of pictures I took of the glass work and the tight narrow ally-like streets with bridges over the abrupt breaks of water between two buildings.

No comments: