Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Where Is Here?

I was in a deep sleep, dreaming, when I was pulled into a vague sleep.

In this very vague, foggy, nebulous, sleep entered the faintest thought, “Where am I?”

And slowly the thoughts starting drifting by.

Am I at my father’s house?

Mmmm, no.

Am I at my mother’s house.

No, not right either.

Am I at work?

Maybe, I work in a tall building… it could be windy.

No… mmm I am comfy, not curled over a desk.

Maybe I am in a car.

I am definitely moving.

But I am rocking back and forth kinda.

Damn alarm clock.

Could I be in a hammock?

No, I am rocking like on a boa….

SHIP! I am on my ship again!

I open my eyes and turn off the alarm clock.

But there is a smile on my face cause I happy to be here.

Stupid: Alarm clocks.
Cool: Sleep revealing how happy I am to be “home.”

(For those of you who don’t know, I quit ship life four months ago and started working in a building tall enough to sway in the wind. I did not expect to be back on a ship, and was nervous I had made the wrong decision by saying I would come back. Sleep revealed, it was the right choice.)

Here, by the way, is off the coast of New Zealand.

3 comments:

Kirsten said...

New Zealand?!?! I'm so jealous..... say hi to my friend Mel while you're there! There are only about five people in NZ, so she should be easy to find!

I'm glad you're happy to be back on your sip :^)

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

Great! I'm happy that you are happy!