Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Support Ticket Submitted Today (Lorient, France August 28th)

I love my job when users provide so much amusement. Actual support ticket submitted today:

____________________________________________________
To: Computer Help Desk
Subject: Time Sheet

(Blah blah blah program specific stuff, things are broken, crying, whining, hissy fit. Yes, I am paraphrasing, but stick with me. The support ticket concludes with...)


I also can no longer modify the past.

(Sincerely,)

Boris
____________________________________________________

And my reply, cause I could not help myself...
___________________________________________________

Dear Boris,

Since the dawn of time, there has been the desire to modify the past.

Much as I would like to believe this was once or will one day be possible, all evidence seems to be to the contrary, despite movies like Back to The Future, etc.



And if it is ever possible… our programmers will not be the people who accomplish it.

Just saying...

Sincerely, 
Your IT Department
___________________________________________________

Stupid: That something actually has to be fixed.
Cool: The hilarious way users sometimes communicate issues.

No comments: