Thursday, November 18, 2004

A Full Service Bank

So, I am sitting in my car at Washington Mutual, at 7pm. I am looking for my account number so I can endorse a check and deposit it.

While I am searching through my car (the logical place for storing all financial information), an attractive eighteen year-old girl, in her pajamas, uses the ATM. (Not a nightie, but a realistic version of pajamas, pajama pants, tank top, sweatshirt that zips up in front and flip-flops.)

She walks back to her car.

Emerging from another car, is another, perhaps twenty, slender woman, her hair also twirled up in a disheveled manor, also wearing pajamas, pink spaghetti-string tank top, pajama bottoms, Tevas.

While she is at the ATM, another shows up and uses the second ATM. Nice tan, she had a gap between her tank top and yoga pants showing a flat stomach and a back tattoo, no shoes.

And another.

And another.

I am sitting at the Washington Mutual feeling very old (at 28) and very over dressed (in shorts and a t-shirt) for a 20 year-old’s pajama party that looked like a who’s who of hot sorority girls. Not a single woman seemed to know another.

I would have loved to see a guy watching this parade.

It was surreal.

Now to break the charm, I am guessing a yoga class just got out nearby.

No comments: