Thursday, February 10, 2005

Oh, By the way… (funny)

My sister was hit by a bus yesterday.

I found out this morning. My dad, my sisters and I had a lovely restaurant breakfast. As the waiter walks toward the table with the check, my sister Jackie says, "Oh you guys, did I tell you? I was hit by a bus yesterday."

My dad, my sister PJ and I, look at Jackie.

We stared at her.

Time, momentarily, stood still.

Then we burst out laughing so hard the waiter ran away.

I love my sister, cause she is very much like this. She will forget to mention something minor, like being hit by a bus. And when she remembers, it is a casual comment, "Oh by the way…"

So, my sister was hit by a bus while minding her own business on the sidewalk yesterday. Obviously, as she was at breakfast, she was fine, making the whole thing the permissively hysterical.

I very much look forward to her next, "Oh you guys…."

No comments: