Friday, September 02, 2005

Dublin's Drug Problem

This is Dublin Castle:





This is Dublin Castle on acid:

That is two sides of the same building.

On a different note, we have crew members emergency disembarking. They are heading home to Mississippi, to look for family members they have not heard from.

I live on a ship of 40 nationalities. The crew consensus is utter disgust that America can organize to go to Iraq, yet cannot properly respond to a disaster within its borders.

This event makes the international community angry. How dare American stick their nose in everyone's affairs and yet not be able to adequately react to an internal disaster.

In general, prior to Hurricane Katrina, the anti-American sentiment, on board, is overwhelming. Sitting in the mess, it is tiring to listen to the American bashing. I am tired of being criticized for American policy and culture or further being treated as if I am personally accountable for my nations actions.

Perhaps most, I am disheartened that in the wake of this event, rather than empathy and concern, policy disparagement is what I hear most.

No comments: