Monday, December 20, 2004

Hot, One For You-One For Me

The temperature deviation, from nightly low to daily high, has been between thirty and forty degrees.

Yesterday the high was 75 and the low 35.

This basically means you are always dressed wrong. You can dress so you are comfortable in the morning and you are baking mid-day or you are freezing in the morning and comfortable during the day. Regardless, you are generally chilled in the shade and sweating in the sun.

In preparation for this weather, while shopping for Christmas gifts (one for them-one for me), I went looking for t-shirts and a jacket. Neither of these were available. Jackets are not well stocked in an area that is 75 degrees during the day, five days before Christmas. This makes sense. I honestly can't remember ever having a jacket. But it can be in the thirties at night, and a jacket might be nice, and all my friends have them. T-shirts are not well stocked either as major clothing stores forget there are areas of the country that don't get snow. What is stocked? Thick knit long-sleeved tops and sweaters, both too hot for the day.

I did actually find t-shirts, but they only came in small and extra-small. (What the hell!) The store told me to go online. According to online, they are only made in small and extra-small. (Conspiracy of the little boob people…)

After a very unsuccessful (5-0) one for them-one for me Christmas shopping spree I am sitting in my car when a quick set whap whap whap hits my car. Thinking of the newly purchased gifts for them and random recent forwards (always a good source of information), I worried about a clever ploy to steal the gifts.

Then I thought, what the hell, it was only for other people anyway.

But, there was a mid-rift peering through my passenger window (low car). I quickly recognized the super-white mid-rift (on display today as it was 75 degrees, despite being December 20). Apparently bending down and showing her face never occurred to my sister. She remarkably, randomly, parked three spots over from me atop the roof of a parking structure.

Anyway, I have the rest of the week to remedy my one for them-one for me disparity, hopefully including a jacket.

Funniest Item Seen: Doormat that reads: "Nice Underwear"

No comments: