Sunday, December 05, 2004

On Neighborhoods

I came home to my entirely dark neighborhood on Friday night, parked and went inside.

On Saturday I intended to repeat the practice, but apparently I missed the local memo. I, unlike the rest of the neighborhood, did not spend Saturday day quadrupling my electricity use by anointing my home with an excess of small glowing lights.

I also managed to miss the cherry-pickers on Saturday. (I was at the beach.) We have a few fifty-foot high palm trees in the neighborhood. (Imagine that in southern California!) All the palm trees were decorated, to the very top.

THIS gave me the warm and fuzzies.

The silly lights on houses are quaint.

But a long string of lights wrapped all the way up a palm tree, now that is the Christmas spirit.

Oh to be a so-cal girl...

No comments: