Tuesday, March 22, 2005

Cost Per Mile, Swimming vs. Driving

Yesterday, after my $2.45/gallon fill up, that was it! I was dedicated to walking to my commitments today. (Note the lack of canoe in that sentence.)

Laughed at by the gods, I forged rivers and even swam instead.

It rained three inches today, between 7am and 7 pm, promptly raining at a rate of over an inch per hour when I was equidistant between two places. [It has now been the second wettest year, measured July to July (for fun!), since local record keeping started in 1884.]

I was supposed to have gutters up in October. As soon as the gutters are up, the rain will stop.

So on behalf of my saturated neighbors, I have decided, for the long term, to follow up on the gutters. For the short term, I will drive tomorrow.

Besides I figure the $2.45/gallon translates into less per mile than $9.99/umbrella.

No comments: