Sunday, March 06, 2005

Too Wide A Net

I am a 28-year-old single woman, with now confirmed poor judgment.

My friend and I went to the bars downtown, Saturday night.

We walk into a trendy nightclub and WOW, sailors. This is not unheard of, as there is a small harbor walking distance from the heart of our small city. Still, it is infrequent enough to be a surprise when it happens. The service men and a rare few women are always picture perfect in a nicely pressed dress uniform and they are more politely behaved than most, though a little over enthusiastic, not that I blame them.

The addition of sailors, this Saturday makes the male female ratio quite favorable for my friend and me. Though neither of us felt like a sailor, there were women that did, freeing up some of the local guys. So we get drinks and watch the crowd. The sailors seem ecstatic and are having a great time.

After a few hours, I have my friend lure potential prey. (Imagine a black widow, rubbing front legs together in anticipation.)

I talked to my victim a little while before it became clear. In bar full of men, probably 70% or so, I picked up on a gay guy.

He was liking the ratio too.

No comments: