Saturday, March 26, 2005

    --funny--
My best fri3nd died today…

I reached out and touched my best friend first thing friday morning, like I usually do. She purred to life as I walked downstairs to get a cup of warm morning stuff. I was looking forward to what was supposed to be as a lazy day with her. As I drank my morning brew, I watched tv and caressed her with my fingers every now and again. But she suddenly became confused and disoriented. She started bringing up random non-sensical things. I wasn’t quite sure what was happening. Then she just stopped, standing still where she was, not moving, just there. It was scary.

When your partner, your best friend, your companion, your love, who you wake up with and go to bed is quickly overcome by a terminal illness, it is devastating.

I spent hours with her, holding her, listening to her making sure was getting enough juice to continue fighting. She stopped talking to everyone but me, which was perhaps for the best. It hit her so fast, anyone with a weak immune system was surely at risk. Before long though, she could not even speak to me. It was as though she could not remember me, and I guess she didn’t.

Experts were brought in, but it was too late. She had become sick to fast. Despite heroic measures, there was nothing left that could be done.

We had a little more than a day though. She did her best to give me everything, her insight, her stories, her knowledge, her jokes, her stories, her songs, all before succumbing to multi-process failure a few hours ago. I sit here now, with her mother, looking through the memories of she left behind.

Most of you knew her, if only through her work which includes nearly everything posted here. If you would like to pay your respects, reinstallation will be held tomorrow. In lieu of flowers, her family would appreciate software.

LadyLaptop Inspiron is survived by her mother Goddess Dimension, father W2K3 AMD and me ladylaptop\mika.

In her Easter Sunday resurrection, she will christen Pandora_Box, or simply Pandora.

RIP LadyLaptop

No comments: