Monday, May 23, 2005

Calories

The treadmill said I burned 104 calories.

I think I burned five hundred.

I account for what the treadmill doesn’t, being on deck 12 of a ship in choppy waters.

Today was Portofino.

Gorgeous!

Choppy waters.

I had to go through safety training today, which involved watching passenger videos of all cruise ship disasters in the last ten years. One involved a fire that killed 180 people. (Don’t worry Mom, there were significant safety violations that are not an issue on my ship.) The biggest disaster risk on a cruise ship is fire. Just thought would share. It was scary.

Dinner was a treat, smoked salmon and caviar. Yummy!

It is five am.

I must sleep.

Pictures to come…. One day…. When I have sleep.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Maybe they should show you that video BEFORE you get on the ship, eh?

I think the biggest threat on a cruise ship is bragging that it's unsinkable.

Anyway, keep the posts coming! And shut up about your fancy dinners! Don't go thinking that you're better than me!!!