Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Job Requirement: Must Attend Magic Show (Chan May, Vietnam )


My coworker and I were both kind of having a sluggish afternoon, so we decide to run to the local (onboard) bistro for a coffee. On our way we are stopped by the Cruise Director who tells us we have to (to bolster audience size) attend the magic show, starting in five minutes.

So we go, and although I was not sawed in half by the magician, I was asked to think of a card.  The first thing that came to mind was the fifteen of diamonds. Don’t know about you, but I have never seen a deck of cards with a fifteen of diamonds. Nonetheless, that was what came to mind.

The magician, a regular at the Magic Castle in Hollywood, looks at me and says, “You aren't playing fair are you?”

I get that look on my face like a kid playfully caught stealing cookies.

He pulls a card out of the deck and puts in on the table.  Then he asks, “What card are you thinking of?”

I say, “The fifteen of diamonds.”

He turns over a fifteen of diamonds.

All in all, a pretty awesome run for coffee.

Stupid: Mid-afternoon sluggishness.
Cool: Being required to go to a magic show.

I leave you with sunrise at sea while I did laps on deck.

No comments: