Tuesday, January 11, 2005

YIPPEE

SUN!!!

All routes into town are closed, likely until the end of the week due to mudslides, most significantly the La Conchita mudslide. An estimated 15,000 commuters are stuck in town. Grocery store shelves are sparsely stocked without the usual trucked in goods (most importantly ice cream). So, after not buying things at Trader Joe's today, I bought gas, just in case.

But it is sunny! Sunny! Sunny! And things are drying, all nine inches since Friday. I will miss my backyard swamp; really I will.

I hope they find all the missing people in the La Conchita mudslide alive, as improbable as it is.

Did I mention it is sunny!?

Oh, my friend saw Noah at Home Depot this weekend, which is funny because I saw him at the pet store buying two of everything they had.

Have a dry day!

No comments: