Tuesday, June 07, 2005

Things That Are Stupid

Stupid: A high of 53 degrees today in Amsterdam!

People… Summer time… try it.

Stupid: working 00:00-4:30, 8:30-14:00, and 15:30-19:30.

Stupid: getting paged every time you have reached thirty minutes of sleep.

Random…. So I am walking on Deck 12, enjoying the sights in Bordeaux, when the crew member in front of me jumps over the side!

Oh my god!

So I race over to the railing, not thinking of the cement dock eighty feet below. What I was planning to do when I reached the railing, I have no clue.

And there, looking over the railing, ten feet below, is the guy in a basket with a window squeegy.

Stupid: Being yelled at for sitting in the front of the bus. But that's ok. My mom says I have good company in Rosa Parks.

Stupid: Being yelled at for all sorts of rules no one bothered to tell me about.

Cool: There are still more cool things than stupid things… But every now and then, after being yelled at, you have to vent.

I am so behind in stories to tell you… but must be up in seven hours. (Hopefully I will get to sleep all seven.)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Has anyone else been trying to spy on her via the Computer Lab web cam? Keep venting, honey - after all, I'm living vicariously through you!

Anonymous said...

No kidding. I wanted to see her at the keyboard, hitting it with her head because the F10 key got stuck on the first pressing. With the feed from 7/11, i'd call the help desk and report a down camera :) -markymark