Monday, June 13, 2005

UN F*!@%ING BELIEVABLE

So I am sleeping soundly in my cabin, at 2:40am in St. Petersburg when my cell phone rings, the first time in a month.

I think, “Hmmm, something must be up in America and someone needs information from me.” I was thinking a parent.

I answer and it is a voice I do not recognize. Then my thought is, “If this is a telemarketer calling me in Russia, at $5.99/minute, I am going to be outraged.”

No, it was UCLA Medical Center calling in regards to my past due medical account, my past due medical account which, notably, called last month to issue a credit for overpayment.

This is in regards to bills from July of 2004.

It is June 2005…

At least here in St. Petersburg.

I honestly believe I would have been billed, here in Russia, much more quickly and efficiently.

(And more advantageously in Rubles.)

But what do I know? It is 2:40am in Russia.

And still light out.

Twilight.

No comments: