Thursday, June 02, 2005

In-Port Manning

Well, I did not get off in Cadiz. I went to leave the ship and they wouldn’t let me off. I had In-Port-Manning.

In-Port-Manning: An internationally mandated regulation requiring ships to have enough men on board to abandon ship in port.

There are probably more than twelve words in the regulation, but that is what it boils down to.

So I had In-Port Manning and thus was required to stay on board, so I could abandon ship, should an occasion arise. (Boat disasters are not nearly as interesting if no one is on board.)

Cadiz was wonderful from on deck. It has a huge Cathedral.

Anyway, this is my ship in Cannes. The red dot is my port hole.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice dot!

Anonymous said...

"In-Port Manning"

The military calls that "duty" cause thats what it smells like....